In the past, retailers relied on Black Friday deals and gimmicks to kick their holiday season into high gear. But with the emergence of mobile apps as the shopper's in-store companion, rock bottom prices and mass promotions are no longer relevant. Mobile has raised expectations for personalized and contextually-relevant information; one-size-fits-all doorbuster deals are of the past.
This Thanksgiving weekend, savvy retailers will be leveraging push notifications and in-app messaging to deliver personalized content, driving not only revenue but customer loyalty, as well.
Segment Your Messaging
Time-based push notifications are extremely successful with out-and-about shoppers during this busy retail weekend. Additionally, segmenting users will increase the relevance of any push program.Increase the conversion rate of your push notifications with personalized content.
Here are 5 key customer segments that have helped GPShopper's clients generate the best results:
- New Users - customers who have downloaded your app within the six months
- Purchasers - users who have completed purchases in-app
- Loyalty Members vs. Non-Members – reward loyalty members and convert those who haven’t yet joined your program
- VIP Purchasers - users who have crossed a spend threshold
- Idle Users – customers who have not used your app within the last six months
For additional tips and strategies, download GPShopper's full guide: Best Practices for Retail Push Notifications.