Aside from Amazon, I find myself using Nordstrom's app most often. And unless you’ve been living under a rock, you're likely familiar with the 115 year old retail chain. So why bother downloading the app?
Well, I’ll tell you why...
- I’m a Millennial. I love a good bargain. Nordstrom price matches. Meaning, if a competitor is running a sale, they will honor the price. Just type “Priced Matched” in the app’s search bar and you’ll find a lengthy list of discounted items.
- If you are a Nordstrom cardholder like myself, you can manage your points and rewards from within the app. Save a tree and redeem your Nordstrom Notes digitally. It’s great to see exactly how many points I have and how close I am to my next $20.00 reward.
- Need some inspo on the go? Take a quick peak at Nordstrom’s Style blog. The content is great and very accessible in-app. On the flip side, their Instagram: Through Our Eyes feed is not shoppable. Bummer!
- All recently viewed items populate on my home screen. So simple, yet many retailers don’t do this. Thank you for reminding me that I still need to buy those Karen Walker Sunnies and Zella ‘Live In’ Crop Leggings.
- Another win in my book: 4 of the 6 banners listed on the “For You” section are based on my shopping history. Topshop, Sunglasses, Zella and Women’s Workout Pants & Capris. To me, an app should be all about personalization and tailored to your most loyal customers. Nordstrom understands what its loyal customers want and offers a better shopping experience than its competitors.
- Touch ID and Barcode Scanning - two must have features in an app. No matter the age group, no shopper wants to manually input their info every time they choose to make a purchase. And if I’m shopping at my local Nordstrom store and they happen to be out of a particular size, I go directly to the app, pull up the barcode scanner and order the item right then and there. Instant gratification is key.
- Is it Friday at 5:00 PM? Leaving work and searching for that last minute outfit for the weekend? Nordstrom now offers real-time local inventory in-app. This feature is an absolute lifesaver for me.
- And last but not least, my Wish List. Wish List is located on the product detail page and very easy to access. I typically refer back to this feature when I’m writing up my "Christmas Wishlist” or happen to need a little retail therapy.
All and all Nordstrom’s app delivers on its promise - making shopping convenient, inspirational, and personalized.