Last week, Demandware's popular Mobile Shopping Focus Report made a significant splash in retail news, with well respected publications like Bloomberg Technology agreeing that consumers are moving from 'mobile first' to 'mobile only'. The report gathered insight from over 400 million shoppers and found that smartphones are overtaking computers as a top e-commerce traffic source, more baskets are being created on phones, and that mobile shopping behavior is upending traditional performance metrics.
- Mobile conversion has risen dramatically, up 70% since 2013
- 60% of traffic to e-commerce sites will come from phones by the end of 2017
- 38% of baskets are created on phones - by the end of 2016, shoppers will create more baskets on phones than on computers or tables
- AOV's for app buyers is 50% higher than using the mobile site alone
- Connecting with your best customers early & often
- Using mobile to drive traffic in store
- Making shopping easier & more efficient
Whether you already have a mobile app or you're just getting started, download the holiday guide "5 Ways Mobile Apps will Ring Up Holiday Sales" by clicking on the link below.