A new study shows that more consumers are using their phones in the course of grocery shopping. In fact, a whopping 35% of grocer app usage takes place inside the physical store – proof that forward-thinking grocery retailers are getting it right when it comes to providing a frictionless consumer experience.
Other insights from the study:
- 69% of consumers prefer mobile coupons rather than paper offers
- 86% use their mobile devices to prepare for their shopping trip
- 59% use their mobile device while in the store in the following ways:
- 42% review shopping lists
- 37% search for product discounts
- 27% get competitor pricing
In-Store Skin – This brings in-store features such as circulars, store hours and events to the forefront of the mobile app when a shopper enters the store.
My Favorite Store – Shoppers can set their favorite store location, which allows them to receive store-specific content quickly. This includes coupons, circulars, directions, events and other location-based information.
Personalized Push Notifications – Consumers who have opted into receiving push notifications receive messaging that is tailored to their preferred interests and prior in-app actions.
GPShopper can help grocery marketers leverage mobile to meet the consumer demand for in-store engagement. Contact us to learn how.