Nearly two thirds of mobile shoppers have three or more shopping apps on their phones, about four out of five mobile shoppers use at least one or two shopping apps monthly, and three out of four mobile shoppers have their favorite retailer's mobile app on their phones, according to the new 2015 GPShopper/comScore Mobile Shopping and Payments Survey.
I just debuted results of the survey this morning here in Las Vegas where more than 10,000 industry professionals have gathered for the 2015 Money20/20 Conference. During my session, entitled "The Smartphone, Mobile Payments and Mobile Shopping Apps," I offered the 900 session attendees the first look at this new survey from GPShopper, conducted by prominent digital measurement firm comScore Inc. ComScore surveyed 1,189 U.S. adults who shop on smartphones. Here's a look at some of the numbers.
Nearly two thirds of mobile shoppers have three or more shopping apps on their phones, the GPShopper/comScore survey finds. In detail:
- 23% have 1 or 2 shopping apps.
- 26% have 3 to 5 shopping apps.
- 18% have 6 to 10 shopping apps.
- 11% have 11 to 25 shopping apps.
- 7% have more than 25 shopping apps.
- 1% were not sure.
- 87% of mobile shoppers use mobile shopping apps, the survey finds.
79% of mobile shoppers use a shopping app at least monthly, and nearly 40% use at least three apps monthly, the GPShopper/comScore survey says. In detail:
- 42% use 1 or 2 shopping apps a month.
- 25% use 3 to 5 shopping apps a month.
- 9% use 6 to 10 shopping apps a month.
- 3% use 11 to 25 shopping apps a month.
- 2% were not sure.
- And only 19% do not use a shopping app on at least a monthly basis.
75% of mobile shoppers have their favorite retailer's app on their phones, according to the 2015 GPShopper/comScore Mobile Shopping and Payments Survey. And favorite retailers' apps have staying power: Two thirds of mobile shoppers have had their favorite retailer's app on their phones for at least six months.
The GPShopper/comScore survey also asked mobile shoppers about mobile payments, a subject near and dear to the hearts of Money20/20 Conference attendees. The survey asked what retailers and mobile wallet providers can do to entice shoppers to more frequently pay with their phones for physical merchandise in stores. Mobile shoppers replied:
- Provide better assurances of security, 43%.
- Increase locations that accept mobile payments, 40%.
- Better combine mobile payments with loyalty and coupons, 37%.
- Better promote acceptance of mobile payments in stores, 33%.
- Make the mobile payments process less confusing, 24%.
- 71% of mobile shoppers are ready for mobile wallet or mobile payments