After three fun filled days in Vegas, it’s time to go home. And while I’ve attended Shop.org five different times, I still left with new connections and a plethora of knowledge. This year, the topics I found most interesting were surrounding in-store technologies and community.
Half of all shoppers have had problems with retailers during the holidays - primarily with shipping and inventory management. Our latest consumer survey uncovered this and more of their pet peeves, as well as what they want most from retailers during this busy shopping season.
Last year, Adobe reported $108.2 billion in online sales generated between November and December, an increase of 14.7 percent year over year. In response, we’ve designed an in-depth mobile holiday checklist to help you achieve maximum success across all of your digital channels.
Learn the best timing for:
- Increasing your paid search ads
- Load and scale testing your app, and hardening your app code
- Introducing new video content
- Sending your customers shipping deadline reminders
- Shifting your marketing focus to the last-minute shopper
Topics: GPShopper Clients, Lifestyle Retail, Case Studies, Omnichannel Retail, In-Store Mobile, Mobile Apps, eCommerce, Apparel Retail, Best Practices, Location-Based Marketing, Push Notifications, Infographics
Great in-store experiences keep the customer coming back for more. The real question is, can better in-store shopping practices increase dollar spend and brand loyalty?
After visiting dozens of stores across the country, I wanted to share my favorite in-store experiences with you. Below is a list of the criterion I used to measure each:
- Is the store Instagrammable?
- Does the brand offer an interactive experience?
- Is merchandise organized and easily shoppable with little clutter?
- Are the store associates attentive and helpful but not overly salesy?
- Is the store inventory and décor unique?
- Does the retailer allow customers to test out or sample products?
- Is their great cell reception in-store? If not, does the store offer Wi-Fi?
- If the retailer or brand has an app, do they offer in-store mode or utilize personalized geofence push notifications?
- Is the checkout process seamless?
Excerpt from Synchrony press release
According to new data from the Synchrony 2018 Digital Study, 77 percent of consumers rated credit card features on an app as very or extremely valuable.
The study comes as SyPI, Synchrony’s native app plug-in, hit $1 billion in credit card bill payments since the product’s launch in 2016. SyPI is embedded within a retailer’s app and functions as a complete credit experience - consumers can apply for credit, perform all servicing functions, view available rewards certificates, and more, without leaving the retailer’s mobile app.