We all know that using a mobile app can certainly help you to drive sales and witness success during the holiday season. However, with added traffic and use during such a busy time period, it's important to ensure that your team is prepared and that your app is updated and ready.
Prepare your app for holiday success.
1. Connect with your app developers and conduct load and scale testing to ensure the app is stable and ready to take an influx of traffic during high-peak shopping times and during large push notifications.
2. Train in-store staff on Apple Pay & Android Pay so they are prepared to accept all types of loyalty redemption and mobile payments during the holiday season.
3. Take steps to launch your app and harden your code by November 10th, to ensure everything is working properly by Black Friday.
4. Polish up your in-app videos and content as the holiday season will bring increased views.
5. Prepare and time appropriately smartphone banner ads, push notifications and more that you will be featuring with the app. Ensure that your mobile marketing team is also aligned with your online and in-store departmetns on messaging, promotion dates, campaigns and more.
6. Double check and update your geo-push and store locator information as shoppers will be highly focused on available inventory closest to them when ground shipping cutoff dates occur. This will be a great opportunity to service the last minute shoppers.
For ongoing holiday tips and strategies, download GPShopper's 2015 Holiday Planning Calendar. Our Holidaiy Planning Guide provides over 30+ mobile marketing tips, messaging strategies, and more for you to make the most out of this holiday season.